You are responsible. You care about doing things right for your family. You work hard to keep your head above water financially. When it comes to debt, though, the credit card companies and banks have the deck stacked in their favor. No matter how much you try to get ahead, high interest rates, penalties and late fees make it almost impossible to keep up. One car repair, a medical problem or other unexpected high expense can put you so far behind you may never recover.
Competitive Fees · Flexible Appointments · Se Habla Español
I am bankruptcy lawyer Scott Ugell, of New City, New York. For more than 30 years, The Ugell Law Firm, P.C., in New City, New York, has been helping individuals, families and small business owners throughout the Greater Hudson Valley get a fresh start from overwhelming debt.
America Has Always Been About Giving People a Second Chance
It may seem as if large credit card companies and banks have all the laws on their side, but you have legal protection, too. You owe it to yourself to learn more about the U.S. bankruptcy code and how bankruptcy can give you the fresh start you need and deserve.
I have been practicing in the area of U.S. bankruptcy law for more than 25 years. I back up my experience with unique credentials, including:
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- Often requested by local governments to make seminar presentations about homeowners’ rights and foreclosure protection
- Participates with the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) to meet with U.S. Congressional Staff on matters related to U.S. bankruptcy code and foreclosure issues.
- Professional articles and legal presentations on the issue of debt relief and bankruptcy law
- Member of the Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Rockland County Bar Association ( Former Co-Chairman County Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights
- Member of the Rockland County Magistrates Association
- Member of the Board of Hillel of Rockland Community College
Before You Make Another Monthly Payment…
I promise to give you honest, clear answers to your questions, such as your eligibility for bankruptcy, whether you can prevent foreclosure and what your financial future will look like after bankruptcy. My staff and I understand your situation because we have worked with thousands of clients. We will treat you with the respect and dignity you deserve. In return, we expect full, honest disclosure to some very personal financial questions. Throughout the process, you will know that you have someone on your side whom you can confide in, trust and rely on for the debt relief you need.
Let Us Start With the Simple Steps
I offer a free initial consultation to discuss your debt relief needs. Call me at 845-521-7841 or contact me by e-mail to arrange an opportunity to sit down together in the near future. You will be under no obligation to retain The Ugell Law Firm as your legal representative. Understanding the process is the first step in helping you regain control of your life.
Learn more about:
- Why The Ugell Law Firm is the right firm to hire
- The most frequently asked questions we hear from people considering bankruptcy
- The difference between Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- How to strip a Judgment lien or second mortgage off your home
- How to deal with credit card debt
- How to deal with medical debt
- How to deal with business debt
- How to deal with a car repossession
- Your rights as a debtor and illegal collections practices by your creditors
- How to keep your home
- How to reduce your monthly mortgage payments with a loan modification
Bankruptcy and Debt Relief Strategies to Help You Save Your Home — Yes, Really
It is one of the hardest things to face when you are deep in debt: the possibility that you will lose your house to foreclosure. Millions of Americans have prevented foreclosure by employing intelligent, legal strategies through the U.S. bankruptcy code or New York State mortgage foreclosure regulations. Helping people keep their home is the most satisfying part of my profession. I have helped thousands of others, I may be able to help you.
Let us sit down together to discuss:
- Strategies to save your home from foreclosure, or even prevent foreclosure from beginning
- How a mortgage loan modification may help you prevent foreclosure
- How to get a bank to accept your offer of a short sale to prevent foreclosure
- How the Homeowners Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) can help you keep your house
Are You a Small Business Owner?
Unlike many bankruptcy law firms, I also work with owners of small businesses seeking protections from creditors under Chapter 11 of the U.S. bankruptcy code. I have experience handling the complex legal matters involving joint property ownership and creditor protections.
From my offices in New City, I represent families, consumers and small businesses, because that is who I am, and that is who I care about. I work to protect citizens in the Greater Hudson Valley area. To arrange an initial consultation with an experienced New City debt relief attorney who cares about resolving your legal problem, call 845-521-7841 or contact my office by e-mail today.