You work hard for your family. You try to do everything right to provide a comfortable home and lifestyle. But all it takes is one major unexpected expense, or a financial decision that didn’t work out right, and you face a mounting pile of debt and the possibility of foreclosure. It is every homeowner’s worst nightmare: the Summons and Complaint sent certified mail, taped to your door, or personally delivered to you by your mortgage bank. Although receiving a Summons and Complaint in a foreclosure case can be a jarring and stressful experience, in the State of New York you still have many options open to you.
Your Rights Are Protected Under New York Foreclosure Law
I am foreclosure defense lawyer Scott Ugell. For more than 30 years, I have been helping homeowners throughout the Greater Hudson Valley avoid the devastating impact of losing their homes and property to foreclosure. If you are facing a debt problem that is putting your home in jeopardy, it is time we sit down together to discuss your personal situation. Call The Ugell Law Firm, P.C., in New City, New York, to arrange a free, no-obligation debt consultation. Often, just knowing how the foreclosure process works will help you put your mind at ease. I can show you the various options you have to protect your rights as a debtor through Chapter 7, Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, short sale, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or mortgage loan modification and the Homeowners Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).
If You Have Receive Notification of Imminent Foreclosure, You Have Just Begun to Fight
I will help you feel more confident about keeping your family in your home when I explain that lawmakers have put power and rights in your hands.
- Did you know that if you are facing foreclosure, New York is one of the best states to fight it in .
- Did you know that your mortgage bank must put you on notice of default, in writing, if you default on one or more of your monthly mortgage payments?
- Did you know that the bank also must send you written notice that you are in danger of losing your home, and provide you with information on homeowner’s assistance prior to bringing any action through a State Supreme Court?
Foreclosure Defense Is Complicated. I Have the Experience to Fight Aggressively.
I have been practicing in the area of bankruptcy and foreclosure law for more than 25 years. I back up my experience with unique credentials, including:
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- Often requested by local governments to make seminar presentations about homeowners’ rights and foreclosure protection
- Participates with the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) to meet with U.S. Congressional Staff on matters related to U.S. bankruptcy code and foreclosure issues.
- Professional articles and legal presentations on the issue of debt relief and bankruptcy law
- Member of the Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Rockland County Bar Association (Co-Chairman of the Bankruptcy Committee)
- Member of the Rockland County Magistrates Association
- Member of the Board of Hillel of Rockland Community College
Please visit these video pages to learn more about foreclosure defense:
Competitive Fees · Flexible Appointments · Se Habla Español
From my offices in New City, I represent families, consumers and small businesses, because that is who I am, and that is who I care about. I work to protect citizens in the Greater Hudson Valley area. To arrange an initial consultation with an experienced New City foreclosure defense attorney who cares about resolving your legal problem, call 845-521-7841 or contact my office by e-mail today.