As a successful bankruptcy lawyer representing clients throughout Rockland County and the greater Hudson Valley for more than 25 years, I have helped many people save their home from foreclosure and avoid creditors’ collections actions, sometimes without the necessity of filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. What the many people don’t know — and what the banks and credit card companies don’t tell you — is that state and federal law gives debtors (people who owe money) certain protections and rights.
You Have the Right to Stop Creditor Harassment — Let Me Show You How
We have found through extensive experience that a very effective method to be saved from overwhelming debt is to negotiate each debt individually.
As an experienced attorney, I can help you with all of your debt relief needs, including:
- Creditor Debt Negotiation: Negotiate vigorously with each creditor to lower your debt to a manageable payment as a single one time lump sum or a monthly interest free installment payment.
- Settlement Agreements: Negotiate and draft a professional legal document binding you and your creditor to a payment agreement.
- Defense From Creditors: When you hire The Ugell Law Firm, P.C., for debt relief services, we will direct your creditors to speak only with our office. In a case where a creditor has actually brought legal action against you, we can defend your rights and help fight to protect you from falling victim to a money judgment.
- Payment Plans: Whether it’s a credit card or the IRS, an experienced attorney can help negotiate a manageable repayment plan for virtually any debt.
- Debt Citations: If you have an outstanding citation fee from a motor vehicle violation, city ordinance, or other difficult agency, don’t fight city hall, let an experienced attorney help you.
- Judgments, Income Executions, Wage Garnishment and Bank Account Restriction: Nobody wants a judgment ordered against them, but if it’s happened to you let an experienced attorney fight to minimize the damage, arrange terms to satisfy or terminate the judgment, or determine if there are grounds to vacate (remove) the judgment, effectively stopping wage garnishment and restriction of any financial accounts.
Why Not to Use a Debt Consolidation Company
You may think that there is a better way to get out of debt, other than filing for bankruptcy. The radio airwaves and TV are full of commercials about debt consolidation companies. It is our experience that many debt consolidation companies can be deceitful in explaining their services, and dishonest in how they apply their fees, therefore please be forewarned if you are thinking about employing a debt consolidation company. We have had a number of clients who have come to us after spending thousands of dollars on debt relief companies that simply disappear with their money leaving them only more debt. Save your money today and hire a well known lawyer with a reputation of integrity and the ability to help you solve your problem. Call my office today and arrange a free debt consultation.
How Debt Consolidation Companies Work — They Usually Don’t
Debt consolidation companies work by promising to negotiate a settlement with all of your credit card lenders. You will then sign a contract to pay into a special account, including a large service fee, usually based on the percentage of the amount the company promises to save you. Fees can run into the thousands of dollars. The consolidation company will pay off your creditors ONLY after they have collected your entire contract amount. That can take years. In the meantime, you are still subject to collections calls and creditors actions. Debt consolidation companies offer NO LEGAL protection for you.
In the majority of cases, the debtor is unable to continue making timely payments into the account and must cancel the contract and file for bankruptcy. The consolidation company keeps their fee from the account balance and repays only the unused amount. In other words, you pay thousands of dollars in a service fee, but the consolidation company really did little more than just hold your money for you.
Competitive Fees · Flexible Appointments · Se Habla Español
From my offices in New City, New York, I represent families, consumers and small businesses, because that is who I am, and that is who I care about. I work to protect citizens in the Greater Hudson Valley area. To arrange an initial consultation with an experienced New City debtor rights attorney who cares about resolving your legal problem, call 845-521-7841 or contact my office by e-mail today.